Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've got a secret to tell you...

...I have totally lost my mind!  In all seriousness, I keep waiting for the men in with the white jackets to knock on my door.  Pretty sure my mom has called them by now.

Why you ask?  Because I've signed up to do Dopey in January!  {Side note: For those of you who don't know, this is a 4 day event comprised of the following: 5K (Thursday), a 10K (Friday), a Half Marathon (Saturday) and a Marathon (Sunday).  It is new for 2014}   After 6 years of running the half, I'm finally taking the plunge.  Goofy has been running through my mind for a bit now, and when they announced the Dopey Challenge, I figured why not?  Ok, well...not really.  Here's a bit of how my thought process went.

Initial thought - those people are insane.  Then I thought maybe I can do the 10K and the Half (like the Dumbo Double Dare in Disneyland) so I could be perfect in the 10K.  And I have been thinking about doing Goofy in 2015 for the 10th anniversary (plus the 10K so I'd be perfect in it).  And if I was going to to do the 10K, the Half and the Marathon, I might as well do the 5K and go Dopey.  And if I was going to go Dopey, what better year to do it then in the inaugural year, right?  And that's how I can around to signing up for Dopey.

So it's done.  I'm signed up already.  Holy cow.  Can't believe I am going to do this.

photo via rundisney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment