Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bottino

This past weekend, we celebrated my friend Ally's 30th birthday (this is the cause of the hangover that waylaid me for almost all of Sunday).  The night started with a dinner in a private room at Bottino and dancing at the Westway.  As the menu was set at the restaurant (and included beer and wine) and we were getting bottle service at the club, the night was a bit pricey, but it was totally worth the money as dinner was delicious and I had a great time celebrating with friends.

I had never been to Bottino before, but I would definitely go back.  We were seated in a private room in the back so we could be as loud as we wanted and not disturb anyone.  Each place had a menu and name card (Ally is so cute).  As I said it was a set menu with a bunch of appetizers for the table and then everyone could choose an entree.  The meal also include unlimited wine, beer and prosecco (aka the cause of my hangover).


The apps included bruschetta, caprese salad, tuna tartare, beet and feta salad, arugula salad with pears and gorgonzola and fritto misto.  I had a little bit of everything and it was all delicious.  I don't know where they got their tomatoes from but they were so fresh.  I can't wait for all tomatoes to be like that, the ones I am getting right now at the grocery store do not taste like these ones did.

For my entree I got the filet mignon with a reduction and mashed potatoes.  Other entrees included 2 fish dishes, 2 pasta dishes and a chicken dish.  The filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare and was very flavorful.  The mashed potatoes were the perfect amount of creamy goodness.  I clearly heart mashed potatoes, lol.  I didn't try any of the other entrees, but everyone at the table seemed to really enjoy them.

Dessert included some biscotti (the uneaten of which we took with us to the club - no I am not kidding), a sauteed pear in sauce (yummy!) and mini Sprinkles cupcakes.

The prosecco and wine was flowing all night (they also had Lambrusco which I had never had before and really enjoyed) so I didn't take any pictures of the food, but trust me when I say it was all delicious.

Overall, I really enjoyed Bottino and would definitely recommend it if you are looking for Italian in Chelsea.

Bottino
246 10th Ave, between 24th and 25th

No comments:

Post a Comment