Monday, April 29, 2013

Training recap: week of 4/22

I want to write 'week of 2/22' for some reason in the title...could it be since it's still cold out?  I am trying not to complain about it because complaining won't change anything, but it is hard.  It's going to be May on Wednesday and it's still like 45 out. 

Anyway... my trip to Chicago was short but good.  It was great to see my family and I got to spend time with my cousins.  Plus the weather was so nice while I were there (more Saturday then Sunday).  Sunny and warm out!  At least I was able to escape the cold for a couple of days.  I have the Flying Pigs half next week so this was the start of a taper.

Monday: 3.01 miles easy, 10:09 pace

Tuesday: 45 minutes on the elliptical

Wednesday: 3 mile tempo run, 9:24 pace

Thursday: 2.37 miles easy, 10:06 pace

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: Nothing (was going to try and run, but the 7am flight was too much)

Sunday: 3.16 miles easy, 10:11 pace

Weekly Total: 11.53 miles
April Total: 74.7 miles

This upcoming week is week 1 of Disneyland Half training.  I am going to be using the Hansons training plan.  It is an 18 week schedule, but I will have to make some modifications to it for races and other commitments (vacations, weddings, etc).  I am going to really try and follow it as closely as I can though.  I am excited to get back into training though!

No comments:

Post a Comment