Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A look back at 2013...


Happy New Year's Eve everyone!  I, for one, cannot believe that 2013 is coming to a close.  It's been a good year and I am looking forward to the next one.  It's starts off with a bang with Dopey!

Instead of doing a Two for Tuesday post this week, I thought I'd look back at some of the highlights of 2013.

January

- I announce my resolutions for the year and I do pretty good about sticking to them!
- I try and do the Paleo diet without much success
- I complete my goal of 30 halves by my 30th birthday with the Disney World Half Marathon (recap here and photo's here)

February

- I announce my next challenge: to run a half in all 50 States by my 40th birthday
- I run the Princess Half Marathon (recap here and photo's here)

March

- I run the New Bedford Half Marathon, checking Massachusetts off the state list

April

- I share a secret, I signed up for Dopey!
- I have a training epiphany and decide to try a new training program for Dumbo
- I share some new purchases at Lululemon (which is currently my most read post ever!)
- Disney announces a new event and challenge at Princess Weekend

May

- I run the Flying Pig Half Marathon, checking Ohio off the state list (expo recap here and race recap here)
- It took some searching but I finally find some new sneakers to run in

June

- I run the Crawley Brother's Half Marathon (checking Vermont off the state list) and have the coolest race meeting ever (race recap here)
- I spend a weekend with friends in San Francisco and run the SF First Half Marathon (recap here)

July

- I check in on my new year's resolutions to see how it's going
- At 2/3 of the way through Dumbo training, I start making adjustments
- I run the Boomer's 4M and Queens 10K to simulate back to back racing

August

- I share my first foray into costumes for Dumbo Double Dare
- I run the Battle of Brooklyn as my last long run for Dumbo (recap here)
- I had to the west coast and run the Disneyland 10K (recap here)

September

- I run the Disneyland Half Marathon, completing the Dumbo Double Dare (recap here)
- I share my approach to Dopey training
- I run the Philadelphia Half Marathon and reach my time goal! (recap here)
- I discuss how I am going to stay motivated for Dopey
- I run the Providence Half Marathon for the third time! (recap here)

October

- I run the Hartford Half Marathon, checking Connecticut off the state list (recap here)
- I share my Wine and Dine costume and thoughts on the Disney World Marathon Weekend medals

November

- I run the Wine and Dine Half Marathon (recap here)
- I run the Philadelphia Half Marathon (recap here)
- I run a Turkey Trot 5K and have a pretty fast time (recap here)

December

- I start December by running Brian's Run and have one of my fastest races ever (recap here)
- I share my gift wish list for Christmas

It's been a great year and I am definitely looking forward to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment