Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Race recap: Boomer's 4M

 
 This past weekend I ran the Boomer's Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe.  It was part of set of back to back 10K races I had scheduled with New York Road Runners (NYRR).

This race was on Saturday and took place in Central Park.  I think I might have mentioned it before, but there was a heatwave going on, so on Friday, NYRR downgraded the run from timed to and untimed fun run.  They also changed it from a 10K to a 4M.

Number and shirt pick up took place at the NYRR headquarters.  Shirt is pretty basic - a cotton tee with the race logo on it.  Nothing fancy, but I use the shirts as throwaway shirts at races. 

The race started at 9am, which came pretty early following my late night at the Jay-Z concert.  I was definitely glad they changed it to a 4M.  It was pretty hot out so I was glad to have a shorter distance to run. 

I took the four miles easy and made sure to stop for water to stay hydrated.  I saw some Team in Training pals during the run which was a good distraction. 

Compared to normal NYRR races, this one was pretty small so I didn't have to worry about over crowded on the drive. 

After the race, I caught up with some friends and then headed home to get showered and ready to go out to Jersey to visit the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. 

Results
Garmin: 4.05 mi, 40:07, 9:54 pace

*Since it was not timed, I only have my Garmin to go off of

No comments:

Post a Comment