Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cheers to 2014!

via
Happy 2014 everyone!  I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve!  Believe it or not, I actually spent New Year's Eve in Times Square (we were inside at a party and only went outside to watch the ball drop so we didn't freeze to death).  It was definitely an experience and a fun time way to send in the New Year!

For 2014, I've decided instead of resolutions to make some goals.  While I like resolutions and I did well on them last year, I want to continue to challenge myself and I feel that goals will help me do that.  I also feel like some of them are pretty aggressive, so we'll see how they go!  So without further ado... here are my goals for 2014!

Complete the Dopey Challenge
This is a pretty obvious goal as I spent most of 2013 preparing for this.  I can't believe it is only 8 days away!

PR in the Half Marathon
My current PR is a 1:51:52 set back in 2010.  I ran a 1:55:03 this past September, so I am hoping to make this happen.

Check 5 states off my list
I've already got 3 states on the schedule (Kentucky, DC, Oregon).  I have a couple of ideas for the other 2 states and will let you know once they are finalized.

Race a marathon
I am not running the Disney marathon with a time goal with Dopey going on, so I would like to actually race a marathon in 2014.  I already have an idea for a race and will let you know once it's been decided.

Run 1,250 miles total
I ran a total of 1,145.77 in 2013 according to my Garmin, but I did a lot of my Jan-Mar weekday runs on the treadmill (without my Garmin) and they are not counted in that number.  So I think this doable.

Commit to core work
This is one area I have definitely been slacking on.  I really want to get back to this and to get it started, I am taking part of the Athleta 30-Day Plank Challenge.  You should join me!

You'll notice this list is all fitness related.  I do have some personal goals for the year, but they are basically the same ones as my 2013 resolutions (eat healthy, save more, travel more, spend more time with friends).  I also have a couple of other goals that I am tossing around my head and if I do decide to make them official, I'll make sure to share.

What are your resolutions/goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment