Friday, October 25, 2013

Wine and Dine Costumes

Hard to believe (especially for me 'cuz this race totally snuck up on me) but in less than 2 weeks I will be leaving for Wine and Dine.  This has always been one of my favorite races.  Kasey and I ran the relay the inaugural year and while I missed the second year, this is Wine and Dine number 3.

I am super excited (okay, probably not as excited as Dumbo, but it is definitely up there), and I have behind the scenes been preparing my costume.

Back when I was training for Dumbo, I gave a pretty detailed history of my costume progression (see the whole history here).  I think that list makes it pretty obvious that I am not going to go crazy (at least I haven't yet!).  For the upcoming Wine and Dine particularly, I am not going as intense on the costume as I did at Dumbo, but I am still getting into the spirit.

Since I knew I wanted to wear my "Wine-O" shirt again (it's become something of a traditional at Wine and Dine), I was tasked with the decision of what to wear with it.

I could have gone boring and worn any old pair of shorts with it.  But, I was at Lululemon a bit ago and found a skirt that reminded me of something waiters wear (navy with thin white strips).  Since it was on sale (good discount too), I picked it up for my Wine and Dine costume.  Adding a red sparkly Sweaty Band and I am going to be a "wine-o waiter".   I feel like it's not fancy, but perfect for Wine and Dine.

What are you dressing up as for Wine and Dine?



No comments:

Post a Comment