Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Race Recap: Crowley Brothers Road Race

Crowley Brothers Road Race
June 9, 2013

State: #13 (Vermont)
Half: #34

This race definitely qualifies as my smallest race ever.  It had only 75 people!  We headed to Vermont on Saturday afternoon to go to the race.  There was no expo or anything, just a packet pickup, which we missed on Saturday (we may have gotten waylaid at the outlets on the way up there).  We were able to get my number before the race Sunday morning.

So Sunday morning, we headed to the start and got my number.  It wasn't even a chip timed race - just gun time.  The start was no frills, just an airhorn and we were off.  The course was marked with a combination of signs and chalk.  Nothing like a small race!  The course was rolling hills and some flat sections.  Some small climbs but nothing too crazy.   

It was small, but I wasn't alone on the course, which was nice.  I tried to conserve at the beginning which was great for the end (I was able to pass all the people who passed me in the beginning).  I felt strong heading to the finish, which felt great.

The medal was pretty cool too - it was marble!  Definitely pretty unique and one to remember.  Plus, this is the race where I got to meet Kathrine Switzer and Bill Rodgers!


Results
Official results: 13.1 miles, 1:59:19, 9:09 pace
Garmin: 13.18 miles, 1:59:15, 9:03 pace

Splits


No comments:

Post a Comment