Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Paleo Update

One week into my challenge to go Paleo, so thought I would give a quick update.

I will have to admit - it is definitely a challenge.  I love carbs so it's hard not to immediately gravitate towards them.  And I've done pretty good - brunch on Saturday wasn't Paleo but the rest of my week and weekend was.  However... yesterday was not.  I had a lunch with work and I caved and got a burger (plus I munched on some spinach dip and tortilla chips before hand).  The burger was delicious so at least I caved on something good - but I have to admit, I was shocked at how crappy I felt afterwards.  And it wasn't because I ate to much or felt stuffed.  My body just felt sluggish and blah.  I could not believe the difference I felt yesterday (not eating Paleo) vs the previous days (eating Paleo).  Given how crappy I felt, I got right back on the wagon and had some Paleo friendly Bake Mustard Lime Chicken (from my day of freezer cooking) and carrots with lemon vinaigrette with some clean apple sauce (only apples in it) for dessert.  I felt so much better afterwards.

I am truly starting to believe it works.  And as much as the day of cooking was intense, knowing I have Paleo foods waiting for me at home has been helpful.  I'm still not sure I can do it 100% of the time, but knowing how I feel when I don't will probably help me stray less often.  This weekend I will be at Disney, so it will definitely be harder to do it - but I am going to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment