Friday, December 20, 2013

I may never go to a "regular" movie theatre again...

I am serious.  Like I have been totally jaded from going to any old movie theatre.  I know this is a non-running post, and totally makes me look nerdy, but I'm going for it anyway.  You probably don't know this about me (mostly 'cuz when else would I have talked about it?), but I kinda love the Marvel/Disney movies.  I just can't help it.  I know... nerd alert.

Anyways, I've been wanted to see the new Thor movie and I finally went and saw it last week.  I don't want to ruin it for anybody who hasn't seen it, so let me just say it was awesome.  Plus, staring at Chris Hemsworth (who is shirtless for a portion, thank you Marvel) and Tom Hiddleston (ok, so the Loki costume isn't great, but hello - have you seen him?) for 2 hours isn't the worst either.

Since the movie has been out for a bit, it wasn't in the theatre I normally go to.  But it was at a different one that was closer to my apartment.  When I went to buy the tickets, it made me select a seat.  I've only done that for Imax movies before so I thought it was slightly strange.

But then I arrived at the theatre and discovered that holy cow, this is not a normal movie theatre.  The seats were not only oversized, but nicely cushioned and they RECLINED.  It may have been the best movie watching experience ever.  I set my chair in the perfect reclined position and settled into watch the movie.  It was amazing.  By far the best way to watch a movie.  I don't think I can ever go to another movie theatre again.

And, it was only $2.50 more then normal theatres in NYC (which are already ridiculously expensive).  I'd spend $2.50 more to have a recliner.

Awesome seats
Settled in to watch the movie! (And yes, I still own/wear Uggs)

And if you needed any other reasons... they have the good Coke machine's were you can mix your flavor your self.  Epic win.  

Best Coke machine ever.
AMC 84th Street 6
2310 Broadway

No comments:

Post a Comment