Friday, October 11, 2013

Wine & Dine Updates


In just 4 short (or long) weeks, I will be headed back to Disney for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.  This year will be the third year I have done it and I am so excited!

The folks at runDisney have been busy updating the site with all the information you'll need for race weekend.  Up first, the official race program is now available.  Even though you get a printed copy at packet pickup, always a good idea to familiarize yourself with it before hand.

Final race instructions have not yet been posted.  They usually contain some important items so it'll be important to review once it does go up.

The course map was also posted.  Appears to be the same as 2012, but always good to review and know what you are getting yourself into.


Lastly, and one of the most important, waivers (and therefore numbers) are now live to download.  You'll need to download one to pick up your number and I recommend doing it before hand.  You can print at the expo, but it's annoying.

Corrals were also posted.  From reading about Tower of Terror, it looks like they are trying a new corral system - smaller people in the corrals and more corrals total.  They are also setting the corrals off every 2 minutes vs. 5 minutes.  Think it is supposed to help control the crowds a bit?  We'll see in 4 weeks I guess.

My number puts me in Corral C, but I have a qualifying time to be in B.  This is the last race where you can change your corral at the expo, so I think I am going to do that.


All these runDisney updates make me really excited for Wine and Dine!  Only 4 weeks to go!

4 comments:

  1. Wine & Dine is on my list for next year. It looks like such a fun race! I'm curious about how the new corrals are working out. Hopefully it's a good change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Corrals worked really well at ToT, let me know what you think. I'm so jealous of this course. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, can't wait to see how they go myself.

      Delete