Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2 on Tuesday


Per my post yesterday, I saw the Great Gatsby over the weekend.  Personally, I really enjoyed the movie, but I do know some people who didn't.  I haven't read the book since I was in high school, so I don't really remember all the plot details so I have no idea how faithful it was.  It is a Baz Luhrmann film so it was definitely non-traditional.  I also loved the music from the film.  Jay Z did the soundtrack and it was great.  Definitely a little unconvential for a movie that takes place in the 20's, but really helped make the movie (in my opinion).  Definitely think I am going to have to pick it up. 


Now that I've seen the movie, I want to re-read The Great Gatsby and see how different the movie was from the book.  As I said above, I haven't read it since high school, but I remember really loving it in high school, so I am excited to re-read it.  I read so many books in high school for class, but I definitely did not appreciate them (at all) at the time, so I have a long list of classics to read again.  Any suggestions on what other classics should I re-read?

No comments:

Post a Comment