Monday, December 22, 2014

Training recap week of 12/15 (Disney Half Week 4)


Well... this week was interesting.  Let's just jump right in.  You may remember from a 2 on Tuesday a couple of weeks ago, that I was doing the Runners World Run Streak (run everyday from Thanksgiving to New Years).  Well... this is the week it ended. 

There are lots of excuses I could make for why it ended - I didn't feel well (which was true, I woke up on Thursday feeling like a truck hit me) or worked late or something of the like.  But the truth is, I decided to end the streak because it was the right decision for me.  I had never done something like this before, so I had no idea how it would be. 

At first, it was great.  I was so excited to get out there for runs, but as time went on, I started to dread running.  And not some runs, ALL runs.  And it was effecting my mood.  Knowing I had to run that day (no matter what) was making me miserable.  This is my off season (still running, but giving my body and mind a break), but I was feeling the familiar signs of burn out.  Definitely not what I wanted or needed.  So, as much as I wanted to do the streak, I knew I needed to stop.  I won't lie, I felt great the first day I didn't run and by the time I did run on Saturday (after a 2 day break), I was excited to run again and it felt good.  It was definitely the right call for me.

Even though I only made it 21 days, I am still proud of myself.  I tried something new and while it might not have been right for me, you don't know if you don't try.  I give all of you who streak long term mad props.  It's seriously impressive!

This week ended up being a down week, not just because of stopping the streak.  I did get a bit sick on Thursday, which I felt coming on on Wednesday so that 5 miler ended up only being 1 mile. 
I feel much better today and 100% heading into the holiday!


Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: 1.20 mi, 11:41, 9:44 pace

Tuesday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Actual: 3.04 mi, 30:23, 10:00 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: 5 miles easy
Actual: 1.01 mi, 10:11, 10:06 pace

Thursday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Actual: Rest

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 10 miles long run
Actual: 10.00 mi, 1:42:17, 10:10 pace

Sunday
Scheduled: 2-3 miles easy
Actual: 2.5 mi, 24:35, 9:51 pace

Total miles: 17.74
Total November miles: 70.01
Miles until goal (1,250): 10.66 (less then 11 miles to go until my goal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment