Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cheddar Tailgating Bread {Pinterest Success}

Now that I am finally caught up on my race recaps, I want to share some of the other stuff I'm been doing this spring (and now summer).

I went home at the end of March for my nieces birthday.  She's only 2, so we do a small family thing and I offered to bring an app with me.  Of course, I turned to Pinterest for my dish.  I decided to bring an appetizer and after some deliberating, I decided on Cheddar Tailgating Bread.

I saw a couple of versions (by various blogs) on Pinterest but I decided to go with this one on Tasty Kitchen by Foodie with Family.  It looked relatively easy and that I'd be able to make it on site.

It was pretty easy to put together, which is no easy feat considering there were 4 small children running around and a house full of adults distracting me.


Overly simplified directions by me -

1. Melt butter and mix with garlic and sliced green onions
2. Cut loaf of Italian bread into squares/grid, but don't cut all the way to the bottom.  Separate pieces to make space
3. Pour butter/garlic/green onion mixture into the crevices created by the squares


4. Wrap bread in foil and bake for 10 minutes
5.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, making sure to push the cheese into the crevices


6.  Return to oven uncovered and cook for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted
7.  Let sit for 3 minutes to cool and sprinkle parsley over top

Next time, I will probably saute the garlic and green onions for a bit to soften them before adding to the bread.  I'll also decrease the amount of cheese because it was overflowing and we didn't even use all the cheese it called for.  I'd also cut back on the amount of parsley because it seemed like a lot to me (but you might like that much!).

Overall this recipe was easy and delicious!  I would call this one a Pinterest Success!

You can get the full recipe here!


2 comments:

  1. Oh. my. gosh. This looks amazing! Definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I probably could have eaten the entire thing by myself. I hope you like it!

      Delete