Thursday, June 19, 2014

2 Days. 2 Days.


2.  That's how many days are left until I run another marathon. And only 1 day until I'm Duluth bound.  I can't believe it's here.  It seemed so far off for so long and now it's here.  {takes deep breathe}

I was feeling pretty good about the race - no crazy nerves, taper was going fine... And then it all hit me yesterday.  I was printing out some race info and all of the sudden I was FREAKING out.  How does that happen so quickly?

I am definitely getting nervous, but it's a good nervous with some excitement thrown in.  Not like the "what the h*ll was I thinking" nervousness that plagued me for weeks leading up to Dopey (remember that?  Not fun).

I'm been trying to think positive all week and focus on all my good workouts from the past couple of months.  Those include workouts that went according to plan and ones that I struggled with but pushed on.  So much of the marathon is mental that I like to remember making it through the crappy workouts.

I also re-read my Disney World Marathon recap because that race really did go well and I think remembering that I can run 26.2 and feel good during it is important.

I'm also trying to remember to trust my training.  I have put in a lot of hard work this training cycle and I need to remember that.  I did tally it up and as of today, I ran 498 miles in training for Grandma's.  This included a couple of down weeks when my body needed the break.  For a comparison, I ran 499 miles for Dopey and that was for 4 races.  This is just 1 race.  I've got a solid base and lots of speedwork in the bank. I know hard work pays off - I saw it first hand at Nike DC.

So the final countdown is on.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment