Monday, January 5, 2015

Training recap week of 12/29 (Disney Half Week 6)


It's hard to believe that at this time last year, I was heading into my final week of Dopey training.  It feels like it was both a lifetime ago and yesterday.  I remember the feeling of running that marathon completely.  I also feel like it was FOR-EVER ago.  How is that possible?

I will say, I am very happy to just be running the half this Saturday.  I loved experiencing Dopey, but I also loved not having the stress of training for it over Christmas.

This past week was not a great week.  After being home for Christmas, I came back and got a horrible cold.  I know exactly who gave it to me - my youngest niece (love the girl but she is like a germ dispenser).  I got my runs in, but cut back on the mileage in order to allow myself to recover.  By Saturday, I was 95% back to my regular self!

And since one of my goals in 2015 was to do more cross training (aiming for 4x a week), I am going to be including those workouts in my recaps!

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: 4.0 mi, 38:10, 9:33 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: Speedwork - 6 x 0.5 mi @ 10K pace with 2 min jog recovery (7:50-8:00)
Actual: 2.37 mi, 23:53, 10:04 pace
Cross training: 2 x Quickie Workout (Tone It Up)

Thursday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: 3.0 mi, 28:35, 9:31 pace
Cross training: Love Your Body Yoga (Tone It Up)

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest
Cross training: Love Your Body, 2 (Tone It Up)

Saturday
Scheduled: 8 miles long run
Actual: 8.17 mi, 1:19:26, 9:44 pace
Cross training: Love Your Abs (Tone It Up)

Sunday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Total miles: 17.54
Total December miles: 91.88
Total January miles: 11.17
Miles until goal (1,250): 1,238.83 (I almost just wrote 'a lot' because it does sound like so much right now!)

Anyone out there doing Dopey?  How are you feeling?

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment