Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goals!



Happy New Year everyone!  2014 turned out to be a pretty good year for me and I'm excited to see what 2015 brings.  Since it's the start of a new year, it's time to set some new goals.

So without further ado, here are my goals for 2015.  Some goals are aggressive (it helps to dream!) and some are realistic.  I think having a mix is a good start!

PR in the Half Marathon
This past year brought me a new half marathon PR (by almost 2 minutes) and I want to PR again.  My current half marathon PR is 1:50:04 and I'd really like to get under 1:50.  It's going to be a lot of work, but nothing worthwhile is easy.

Check 5 more states off my list
I am on track to complete this challenge but can't slack off!  I already have registered for races in two more states - North Carolina (Rock n Roll Raleigh) and Washington (Rock n Roll Seattle).  I signed up for the 3 pack Tour Pass so I have one Rock n Roll race to pick still.  Definitely plan on doing another state there.  I also have a 4th state in mind, so that just leaves 1 state let to plan.  Any suggestions?

Run a marathon
Honestly, I almost put race a marathon, but I have no idea how I am going to feel by the time my marathon comes around (I have an idea for one in the Fall).  2014 was full of lots of races and running and while I'm doing my best to take the off season easy, I can't be 100% sure I won't be burnt out by the fall.  I might decide to race it come fall, but I at least want to plan on running a marathon.

Run 1,250 total miles
Similar to last year, I want to set a mileage goal.  I am choosing the same number as last year as I think it's achievable, but still a challenge.

Cross train more often
Last year, I made some pretty lofty goals for core work and didn't do any of them.  This year, I also want to work on my cross training (including core work) as I know it will help my running in the long term.  Since I know it's not reasonable to say I am going to do it everyday (seriously, what was I thinking? I knew that wouldn't happen), I am going to try and do it 4x a week.  I'm going to be using the toning workouts from Tone It Up.  I've done some of their workouts before and they are really good.  I don't need the cardio as I get that from running, but really want to useful and easy to do at home.

Work on mental strength
This one is much harder to quantify when reviewing, but I this is something I want to work on.  I have trouble pushing through mentally when the run gets tough.  The only way to get faster is to push through the pain (not injury pain, just working hard pain - if that makes sense).  I have gotten a lot stronger in this area in the last 2 years (training for Dopey was a giant mental exercise!) but I know it's something that I can continue to work on.

Those are my fitness goals for 2015.  I also have some personal goals I am working on, but I am keeping those to me as they are quite personal.

What are your goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment