Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday: Munich

This weekend marks the end of the legendary Oktoberfest in Munich so let's travel there in this week's Wanderlust Wednesday!  I have always wanted to go to Oktoberfest and it is pretty high on my list of places to visit (actually, all of Germany is).  I am actually 25% German and for some strange reason, seem to identify more with my German roots then other nationalities (it's tied with my Irish roots).

My grandfather (the German one) has always been interested in learning more of our lineage and did a lot of work on our German family tree back in the 80's (yes, before the internet, he used to have to write letters to historians to research things).  The end result?  We can trace one line all the way back to the 1790's!  We also have a pretty decent sized binder detailing our entire lineage (including the research letters!).  I personally am fascinated by ancestry and want to do research on the Irish side next!

Anyone ever done any heritage or lineage research?  Is ancestry.com the best way to go?

Off to Munich!

Source
Source
Source
Source
Click on the link below each photo to see it's source

No comments:

Post a Comment