Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting back on track...

Happy Monday everyone!  I am back from my wedding in Dallas and man, was it a good time.  I'll post more details later this week (along with my wedding in SF, some recipes I've been making, a running update and about 100 other things I want to blog about).

The weekend was filled with family, good food and a crazy celebration!  We had some true 'tex-mex' while down there and it makes me want more!  Unfortunately, NYC is not really known for their great Mexican (I mean, there are some good Mexican restaurants but nothing that holds a candle to the food we ate there).  But overindulging all weekend has left me feeling not so hot today.  As I've said before, this summer wasn't my healthiest (at the time I was mainly concerned for how it would effect my marathon) and while my marathon went very well, I am still feeling really....gross.  There is no other word for how I feel.

These past 2 weeks post marathon have been very unhealthy and gym-free.  And yes, a break was needed post marathon, but it's time to get back on track.  I am hoping that by getting back into a workout schedule and healthy eating habits, I will fill better all around.  Top it off that my 30th birthday is approaching in a little more then 3 months (more on that subject later) and I want to look my best for it.

Basically all of the above brings me to the real reason of this post.  Today is Day 1 of my P90X challenge.  Yep, I'm going to do it.  I bought the set a couple of years ago when it first became big (nothing I like more then joining the bandwagon), but I never truly followed it.  I would do video's here and there.  But this time - I am going to do it.

I am doing the Lean Schedule (there are 3: Classic, Doubles and Lean) since the Lean one is the least intense.  And I am fully admitting right now that I will have to make alterations to the schedule because I still have to run.  But I am going to do it to the best of my ability.

Because I know I work best when I set little goals - I am going to break it into 3 sections.  Right now, I just want to get through weeks 1-4 and then we'll see how I feel and go from there.

Today's workout is Core Synergistics.  Going to do it tonight when I get home.

I am hoping by blogging about it, it will keep me honest and more likely to do it.

Anyone done P90X?  How'd it go for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment