Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Dip

So I had a post all written for this...and then somehow the whole thing got deleted!  Ugh.  Sometimes I think the machines are out to get us.  Won't be long before they take over the world.  (ok, technology rant over).

Anyways...back to the original purpose for this post.  Today, I'm joining a link up about 'All Things Pumpkin'!  My kind of link up.  I have already looked through the current posts and have a ton of new pumpkin recipes to try.  Thanks for hosting Steph's Bite by Bite and Part Time Housewife!

This is one of my favorite pumpkin recipe and a go to one during fall.  I got this recipe from my friend Angela who probably got it from somewhere else, so thanks to whoever did create this one!


Pumpkin Dip
Courtesy of Angela, courtesy of someone else (most likely)

6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use just under 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup, plus 1 large spoonful pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Assorted dipping items (I like apples and graham crackers)

1. Mix cream cheese, brown sugar and pumpkin together with an electric mixer until well blended
2. Add in maple syrup and cinnamon and mix until blended and smooth
3. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving
4.  Enjoy!  And try not to eat it all in 1 sitting (it'll be hard)

And that's it!  Couldn't be simpler.  And as someone who has made this many times - below are a couple of pointers that will help make this as delicious as possible:

- Make sure your cream cheese is really softened.  It makes all the difference in the consistency of the dip
- Use real maple syrup, not the kind that you buy in the grocery store that comes in a bottle shaped like a woman.  I'm just saying... that's not real maple syrup.  Splurge on some good stuff.  It's worth it.

What's your favorite pumpkin recipe?


Part Time House Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment