Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2 on Tuesday

We got our first snow fall today.  Not sure how much we got - I'm going to estimate 2-3 inches?  No idea.  It was pretty bad on my commute.  Normally on snow days, I like to take advantage of my office's casual dress policy, but today I had to go to a work conference in the morning and be dressy.  Love wearing a skirt and heels in snow (well, I wore snow boots and changed into heels before the event).  I am so classy, huh?


I love Christmas and all the decorations that go with it.  NYC decorated for Christmas is definitely one of my favorite times of the year.  But as much as I like it, it's hard in NYC to keep a lot of decorations, especially when you live in a "charming" (NYC speak for small) apartment.  But, that doesn't stop me from keeping a small tree under my bed (yes, I am an artificial tree kinda gal).  This past weekend, I put on Elf and got decorating.  I keep it pretty simple, all gold and dark red ornaments with a bow for my tree topper, but I do have two Disney ornaments on it.  My favorite all time character - Tinkerbell sitting on a red bell and a simple Port Orleans Resort ornament (my favorite place to stay at Disney World).


Speaking of snow boots, I finally got to use my new ones!  Last summer when we were on our way home from VT (for the Crawley Half Marathon), we made a pit stop at the outlets.  The Orvis outlet was having a great sale and I scored a pair of awesome Sorel boots for only $32.  They are the Tivoli Nylon boot and are an awesome light purple/gray combo.  I had been wanting a pair of Sorel's for a while, but had been holding off.  I don't know what I was waiting for.  They are so warm and comfortable.  At least I know my feet will be warm this winter!

I seemed to ramble a little bit on this 2 on Tuesday, thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment