Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cancer s_cks

Let's just get this out in the open - cancer sucks.  There is no easy way to put it.  It just does.  

Some of you might know that I have been a long time participant in Team in Training (TNT).  I ran my first 4 marathons with them and have been volunteering as a pace leader for the last 3 seasons.   I lost both my grandmother and a good friend from college (only 6 days after my first marathon) and last week I was reminded just how much cancer sucks.  My cousin-in-law (who I am very close to) lost her father last week and it just sucks.  

I think my other cousin Meghan put it best:

1. Cancer sucks
2. We're too young to start losing our parents
3. I wish you could give someone a hug through the phone

All 3 points are right on the money.  

And yes, cancer sucks, so let's do what we can to get rid of it.  While I am not fundraising for TNT this season, my good friends Abby and Anna are doing a virtual race for TNT.  It's called Banana's Splits Virtual Race.  

It's easy to join - registration is only $25 and you can run any distance you want!  Abby has even created bibs to wear (if you'd like) and the medals are so cute.  I'm already registered and can't wait to get my medal in the mail.  

If you'd like to join us, please visit the race page here for more information and the link to register.  

If you can't do the race, but would still like to donate, no worries!  You can do so by visiting Anna's fundraising page here.

Who's going to be joining us and help us beat cancer?

1 comment: