Wednesday, September 18, 2013

50 States Update


It's been a while since I did an update on my 50 States Challenge.  I've added 3 more states to the roster - Connecticut, Kentucky and Oregon.  These are numbers 14, 15 and 16.  Making my way through!

Up first is the Hartford Half Marathon on October 14th.  This one was a pretty easy one for me to decide on as I have family in Hartford I can stay with.  Thanks Uncle Joe and Aunt Toni!  This one will be state number 4 in 2013.  I've done the math and I need to do 4-5 states a year to achieve my goal by 2023.  We might try and get Delaware in this year (there is a race in December) but it will depend on schedules.

Moving on to 2014, we've got Kentucky.  We found the Run the Bluegrass half at the Flying Pigs expo and it sounded awesome.  It's small (has a max of 5,000 people) and looked beautiful.  Each year the race is themed after a different race horse and the medal is redone accordingly.

Also in 2014, we are all going to do the Eugene Half Marathon in Oregon.  I figure if you are going to a race in Oregon, you've got to do one in Eugene, home of Prefontaine.  It's still like 10 months away but I am already looking forward to the weekend!

Excited to check some more states of the list!  Any races in your home state I should add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment