Monday, March 31, 2008

Scotland 10k

I like to think that everytime we run, we learn something new (about ourselves, Central Park, etc - click here for previous lessons learned).

This weekend I ran the Scotland 10k in Central Park. That's 6.2 miles. I ran it with Jenny. Luckily it was at 10am, so I didn't have to get up too early. The race went ok. On Saturday night was my friend Jaclyn's birthday (10 points if you know where I am going with this), and despite my best efforts, I drank slightly more then I should have. Incidentally, didn't feel 100% on Sunday morning. Surprisingly though, I did not run as badly as I imagined. The first 2 miles were rough, but then I got in the groove and felt fine. Ended up running a 1:00:17 - 9:43 pace per mile. Not great, but considering my state, not bad.

Lesson learned: running a 10k in CP does not cure a hangover!

No comments:

Post a Comment