Tuesday, March 24, 2015

2 on Tuesday


If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I chopped my hair off this weekend.  It was relatively spontaneous.  I had a haircut scheduled, but was planning on just getting a trim.  But towards the end of the week, my long hair started driving me nuts.  So, come Saturday morning, I decided to cut it off.  While I've had my hair long for a while now, I am no stranger to short hair.  I did this a couple of years ago and knew when I was ready to cut it this time, I'd do it in one cut and donate it.  I don't get really attached to my hair or upset when I cut it, so it's not a huge deal for me.  I am going to be donating the 10" to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.   I'm loving the bob so far (so light for Spring!) and it is so much easier to do in the AM!  Has seriously cut my hair time in the mornings by 15 minutes.


I bought 21 Day Fix from Beachbody (the people who do P90X) last year and only followed it occasionally.  It's a pretty simple program - 21 days of 30 minute workouts plus a portion control meal plan.  I'm not sure why I never really followed it through (guess I just wasn't in the right mindset yet).  As you know from my March goals, I want to lose a couple of pounds.  I am easing myself into it and have been following the meal plan portion for a couple of weeks now.

The great part about it is there is no calorie counting - you are allotted a certain number of each container (based on your goal) and then you just eat that number of containers.  They may look small, but looks are deceiving in this case and they hold a lot of food!  I'm going to start adding in the workouts as well this week.  I haven't decided if I am going to do them everyday or start with a couple of days as cross training.  Either way, I am trying to take it one day at a time.  Bathing suit season is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment