Saturday, August 24, 2013

Disney on the brain


We are officially within 6 days 'til Disneyland!  To say I have Disney on the brain would be an understatement.  I am so excited I can barely contain it!   As if I wasn't already excited, I've been having a Disney movie marathon today to really get me in the mood (as if I needed it).  So far I've watched, Beauty and the Beast, Cars, Finding Nemo, Cinderella, Tangled and The Little Mermaid.  

I had hoped to wait to start packing until today, but I found myself starting to throw things into a pile on  Thursday.  I made some significant progress on packing today.  Now if only it can just be Friday already!?!

While I am absolutely positive that I am over packing (despite my packing list - I never know what I am going to want to wear so I bring way more then I need), I am trying to make sure to save space in my suitcase for souvenirs!  I already bought a Coast to Coast shirt at Princess, so that's taken care of.  Top of my wish list for the expo is a Dumbo Double Dare pin.  You usually pre-order the pins (I always get one to put on my medal) but they didn't have one to pre-order for DDD.  So that is top.

I'm sure that will not be the only thing I buy.  I would like a wine glass and maybe a waterbottle.  I am already getting 3 shirts with my registration, so don't really need to buy another.  Really going to try and control myself (at the expo at least).  Let's see how good I do at that!

In terms of non-runDisney items, I always get something for the little ones when I go to Disney (both my nieces, plus my nephews-in-law) and I have a couple of other gifts on the list (don't want to ruin the surprise on the blog!).  I don't really need anything for myself, but I am sure I'll get something.  And my mom has already placed a request for a mug.

In addition to a souvenir list, I've been making a list of must do's for while I am there.  This is only my second time in DL, so I still feel like a newbie.  I know both parks are much smaller and more manageable.  Since we are going to have 5 day park hoppers, I am excited to be able to do parks and relax at the hotel pool/bar and still know we'll get everything in.

Either way, I am excited for Cars Land in DCA (wasn't completed when I was there for Tinker Bell) and in DL the Matterhorn Bobsleds and It's a Small World (both closed last time).  I am a little sad that Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Railroad are closed, but I road them before (and we'll be back again I'm sure!).  I'm want to make sure we ride the Grizzly River Run (also closed during Tinker Bell).  I like that our hotel is so close that if we get soaked we can go back and change!

I also want to see World of Color, the Fireworks and Fantasmic!  So much to do - thank god we have the time!

In terms of food, we only have dinner reservations the night before the half (we didn't want to be tied down to a specific meal time), which gives me plenty of chances to try new things.  I definitely want a Dole Whip (yummm) and a Mickey Bar.

Lastly, I am torn on whether or not to bring my Donald/Princess Medals.  Will I want a photo with all the medals?  I am leaning towards racing the half, so I won't want the added wait during the Half, but will I want to take a picture afterwords?  I don't know what to do (I know, first world problems).  Any advice?

So since I'm a newbie, Disneyland experts, tell me which rides I can't miss and where are some good places to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment