Thursday, March 14, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader

Does anyone else use google reader to follow blogs?  Did anyone else have a minor panic attack when they saw they were discontinuing it?  I know I did!  I've been using google reader for a long time to follow the blogs I read (way more then I'd like to admit) so I was annoyed (no other word for it).

But fortunately for me (and you!) one of the blogs I read has already made some suggestions for what to use instead.  Right now I am trying out feedly   It was super easy to set up and linked directly to my google reader account so I did not have to redo everything (they kind of made it idiot proof, which is awesome).  I only just started using it, but I have to admit I already like it better!  I figure I have some time before they officially discontinue it on July 1, so I can test out some different ones if I don't like feedly.

For simple step by step instructions on how to transfer to feedly, click here.

I'm sure there are a bunch of different you could use, so tell me - which one do you use?  Is there another besides feedly I should try?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah's blog!

    I totally had a panic attack, too. But everyone seems to be saying the same thing about Feedly. Haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Yea, I'm liking Feedly so far. I tried Bloglovin' a while ago and didn't like it so I am glad I found Feedly. I am sure there are others, I just haven't found them yet

    ReplyDelete