Monday, April 20, 2015

Training recap week of 4/13 (Pixie Dust Challenge Week 15)


Ummm, where has time gone?  These past couple of weeks have gone by crazy fast and I have so much to do, but can't see to get it all done.  This past weekend (while fun) was super busy and wasn't really able to relax (which I probably should have done).

I took my runs easy all week and delayed cross training until the end as my legs were really tired from Raleigh.  I was sore until Wednesday and even on my long run on Saturday my legs were still tired.  I didn't want to skip my cross training (or skip a planned Wednesday speed session), but I decided that it wasn't worth it to do them and delay my recovery. 

I also totally feel off the wagon on my planks and sleek arms challenge.  I am going to pick up the arms challenge this week.  

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest
Cross Training: 1:04 second plank, Sleek Arms Day 13

Tuesday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Actual: 3.15 mi, 33:18, 10:34 pace
Cross Training: 1:05 second plank, Sleek Arms Day14

Wednesday
Scheduled: 6 miles easy
Total miles: 6.03 mi, 59:50, 9:56 pace

Thursday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: 4.01 mi, 39:46, 9:55 pace
Cross Training: Tone It Up Beach Stretch and Release

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 10 miles long
Actual: 10.01 mi, 1:38:06, 9:48 pace 

Sunday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest
Cross Training: Refine

First time at Refine in a while!  Felt good to get back in a class.

Total miles: 23.20
Total April miles: 73.13
Miles until goal (1,250): 908.75
Cross Training: 2/4

2 comments:

  1. It's always best to give yourself some extra recovery when you need it. Sometimes, I feel even more in shape after a few days off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I felt so much better for skipping those days even though Type A Sarah hates skipping workouts!

      Delete