Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Two on Tuesday


I finally got a FitBit.  I'd been thinking about getting one for almost a year and I finally did it.  Now that I have, I love it!  I can't believe I waited so long to get one!  I am obsessed with hitting my 10,000 steps every day.  On run days, it is not a problem at all; but on none run days it does take some effort.  I go for a walk at lunch or get off the subway a stop earlier.  I am pretty active, but it's still a good reminder.


Surprisingly, most of the Tinker Bell races are still open a week later (as of writing this: Tinker Bell Half, Pixie Dust Challenge, Neverland 5K).  It's a much slower sell out than normal for Tink (or lately, any runDisney races).  I think it's a combination of things - Mother's Day Weekend, college graduations, more runDisney races in general.  It worked out well for me - I actually ended up registering for the Neverland 5K over the weekend.  Even though it's super early (5 am!) and 4 early mornings (flight, 5K, 10K, Half), I am still excited for it.  This one starts on Main Street in Disneyland and ends on Paradise Pier - which is really the whole reason I signed up.  Should be a really good time - I can't wait for May now!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about the FitBit! As for Tink, I am so surprised it hasn't sold out yet, especially with how quickly the rest of the races have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I can't believe Tink is still open!

      Delete
  2. I love my FitBit! I have the little zip one, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's still the constant reminder to move around. I especially love that they have an app for your phone.
    I'm also surprised Tink hasn't sold out! But like you said, the timing is a tough spot for a lot of people. You'll have a great time at the Neverland 5k! The course was great and it was fun to start in the park in front of the Castle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the app is great. I am constantly checking to see where I am!
      I know - I am really excited to start in front of the Castle. Might be the only reason I signed up :)

      Delete