Friday, March 14, 2014

Book Club Friday: The Twelve

A while ago, I shared book 1 in this series, The Passage, and I finally read book 2, The Twelve.  



Synposis (from Goodreads):
At the end of The Passage, the great viral plague had left a small group of survivors clinging to life amidst a world transformed into a nightmare. In the second volume of this epic trilogy, this same group of survivors, led by the mysterious, charismatic Amy, go on the attack, leading an insurrection against the virals: the first offensives of the Second Viral War.

To do this, they must infiltrate a dozen hives, each presided over by one of the original Twelve. Their secret weapon: Alicia, transformed at the end of book one into a half human, half viral—but whose side, in the end, is she really on?

My thoughts:
I liked this book... but no where near as much as I liked Book 1.  I thought it was a bit slow moving at the beginning, but it did pick up.  It also seemed to jump all over the place through time, so I really had to pay attention to where I was in the timeline.  Overall, I felt the story moved the plot forward, answered some questions (but left more open) and set up Book 3 for the conclusion.  I will say, there was also one section that was a little brutal and actually it made me cringe while reading it (I could really have lived without that part).  

If you've read The Passage, I think you'll like this book.  I am looking forward to Book 3, so we can get some answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment