Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Busy weekend

I've been busy at work, sorry I haven't updated lately.

Last week I attended my first official Terrier Tri workouts. I joined a triathlon club here in the city. Thursday night, I went to swim practice. They have several different swim classes based on level. Right now, I am in the beginner class, but our coach said he'll move me to intermediate soon. It was a good swim. The longest I had ever done yet - 1,800 yards - a little over 1 miles! Felt tired, but good.

On Friday morning, I got up and went to Terrier Bootcamp. In other words, an hour of intense cross training. Felt good doing it, but man was I exhausted afterwards. Definitely was sore the next day.

On Saturday, I went swimming. Did my Terrier Tri workout for the week - 1,600 yards. Insane! Another one of my longest swims.

Sunday was Terrier Tri group run. This was not at all what I expected. I assumed it would be like TNT. Everyone shows up, goes on there own run doing loops. Nope. We all ran together. When you were done your mileage or time, you just stopped. Plus, we didn't really run the loops - only a little. Most of the time we wandered throughout the park and on the trails. Since it was a group run, I definitely ran a little faster then I normally would. Assuming between a 9:15 and a 9:30. And it forced me to not stop when I got tired which I liked a lot. Had a great run and wasn't too exhausted afterwards. Did about 8 miles, which is exactly what I wanted to do. Felt great!

Yesterday, I took it easy. Went for a quick swim - 560 yards. Then I did a yoga later to stretch and relax. I just did this yoga video that I had, but I don't love it. I got a recommendation for Yoga for Triathletes, which I think I am going to buy.

Tonight there is a Terrier group run, but I think I am going to skip it and just do the gym. It's only like 35 degrees out and supposed to rain at some point. I've also been fighting the sniffles all weekend and think its in my best interest to stay in.

1 comment:

  1. wow you did so much between swimming cross training and more. That's great! Sounds like this gym has a lot to offer!

    ReplyDelete