Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rye Restaurant


A few weekends ago, I made the {long} trek to Brooklyn to spend the afternoon with my friend Ally and some of her friends who were visiting from Boston.  Despite the subway conspiring against me (which is always seems to do when I go to Brooklyn), it was wonderful afternoon.

We started the adventure with brunch at Rye.  No one had ever been there, but it got decent reviews and could accomodate our group of six on short notice.

If you go, make sure to get some coffee.  We all started with the coffee and it was delicious.  All of our coffees came in different tea cups which I loved.  I could have had many cups... but didn't want to be bouncing off the walls all afternoon.

We started with an order of the homemade cake donuts and buttermilk biscuits for the table.  Unfortunately, our order somehow got lost and we ended up with these for dessert.  They were good though!

I went with a different choice for me for the entree - the Croque Madame.  I usually get Eggs Benedict, but I decided to change it up this time and it did not disappoint!  It was perfectly good and the ingredients were quality.

If you are in Williamsburg and looking for a brunch place, try Rye!

Rye Restaurant
247 S 1st Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
ryerestaurant.com



No comments:

Post a Comment