Thursday, March 27, 2014

Brooklyn Flea + Smorgasburg

Following our trip to Rye, we headed over to the winter (i.e. indoor) location of the Brooklyn Flea + Smorgasburg.  During Spring, Summer and Fall, these are outside, but move inside for winter.  If you've never been, it's basically a big flea market and food vendor paradise.

We started off in the Flea side.  It was pretty crowded and our group of six kept getting separated (which was bound to happen).  We managed to regroup before heading to the Smorgasburg part.  I love the flea because it's part flea market/yard sale/etsy shops.  They have some really vintage kitschy stuff, unusual vintage items, custom furniture (handmade of course) and normal etsy items (think hand knitted hats, pillows, etc).

I almost bought a winter headband/earcover, but ended up not getting it.  I won't lie - I kinda wish I had, I keep thinking about it!

One of our favorite booths was towards the end, near the food side.  I have no idea what the vendor name was, but they made cool pictures and unique pendants out of vintage maps.  They were really unique and very cool.  One of the girls got some cute pictures for her soon-to-be nursery and Ally picked up a fun Paris pendant.  I really wanted an Athens (Greece) one, but couldn't find any.  They said they are constantly making new ones, so I'll have to go back and check (maybe once it's warm again!).


They even had fun scrabble tile pendants!


The flea is fun, but Smorgasburg is my favorite part!  They have some great vendors with some interesting items.  Since we had just come from brunch, we were pretty full and contained ourselves (for the most part).

I love all things pickle so this was right up my alley
These were apparently savory / stuffed muffins
I purchased this for later.  It's A-MAZ-ING.
Fun table decoration at Butter & Stotch's table
Even though we were full, I could not pass up a homemade onsite s'more from s'more BAKERY!  I got the salted caramel version and it was sooooo good.  Warm and gooey and freshly made.  Yum.  Everyone should get one if they go.  Yes, they were that good.

so. good.
Can't wait until it is warm again and I can make another visit to the outdoor Flea + Smorgasburg and try some more vendors!

Brooklyn Flea + Smorgasburg
Location varies between winter and spring/summer/fall and on Saturday vs. Sunday
Check the website before you go!
http://www.brooklynflea.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment