Monday, August 26, 2013

Training recap week of 8/19 (DLH / DDD Week 17)

This is my last training recap before Dumbo Double Dare!  I can't believe it's been 17 weeks of training. It's been an interesting training cycle, with some highs and some lows.

With the race officially 5 days away (wahoo!), I have been thinking alot about my goals.  Originally when I started training 17 weeks ago, my half goal was 2 hours.  But after I ran the Crowley Half Marathon in June in a 1:59, I adjusted my goal time to 1:55.

But if you've been following along, you'll know I had a couple of crappy weeks in late July and early August where I decreased my pace or lowered (or just didn't do) my runs because I was feeling the symptoms of over training come on.  The changes were definitely good for me as I am no longer in pain.  Since those changes have taken place, I've re-evaluated (again) my race goal.  I plan to take the 10K easy, stopping for pictures and enjoying the course through the parks.

But for the half, I am back to a 2 hour goal time.  But even if my time is slower then that I'll be okay.  I just want to finish feeling strong and be able to move afterwards.  I have Dopey to think about in January and I do not want to get hurt.  Long term thinking people, long term.

I am hoping to post a training recap next Monday so you can at least see how I did in the race, but won't be back with full recaps until after I'm back from DL (and probably not until I am caught up at work).

This week's training included my last strength and tempo workouts before the race.  Let the taper begin!

Monday
Scheduled: Off or cross training
Actual: 2.44 mile easy run with Jenny (10:15 pace)

Tuesday
Scheduled: 3 x 1M @ 8:36-9:09 pace (plus warm up and cooldown)
Actual: 3 x 1 miles (8:55, 8:43, 8:58), total 5.99 miles

Wednesday
Scheduled: Off
Actual: Off

Thursday
Scheduled: 6 mile tempo run at race pace (8:46-9:09 pace) with warm up and cool down
Actual: 6 miles tempo, 7.7 miles total
Paces: 9:05, 9:04, 9:06, 9:04, 8:56, 9:07

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 8 miles easy pace (9:46-10:46 pace)
Actual: 8.00 miles, 1:21:29, 10:11 pace

Sunday
Scheduled: 3-4 mile recovery run, easy pace (9:46 - 10:46 pace)
Actual: 3.1 miles, 32:10, 10:23 pace

Total miles: 27.23 
Total August miles: 94.75

No comments:

Post a Comment