Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Top 5" Burgers

It's been a while since I posted a recipe, but this summers been so busy I haven't really had time to cook all that much!  I made this recipe a couple of months ago, but never got around to posting.  Enjoy!

**

When I was home a couple of months ago visiting my mom, I got to pick the dinner choices.  I love cooking when I'm home because there is someone else to eat it too!  Since living in NYC I don't have access to a grill (a real grill, not a grill pan), I knew one of those meals would be grilled.  I decided to go with a hamburger recipe I had found on pinterest.  It was titled "Best Burger Recipe Ever".  Had to try that one, right?


They were pretty simple to make - but they did fall apart slightly (which a lot of people mentioned in the comments section), but I think it had more to do with them sticking to the grill.  Making them on a grill pan might actually help that situation!

They were quite delicious, but not 100% sure I would call them the best burgers - maybe Top 5?

"Top 5" Burgers
(recipe from Little Miss Momma)

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef 85/15
Sesame seed buns
1/2 cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Season salt to taste
Cracked black pepper
Onion powder

Steps:
1. Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce, and seasonings.  
2. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick.  Then it is very important to  push a 1/2 inch indent into the center of the patty–this is what prevents the patty from becoming a dome.
3. Place the patties on indent side up.
4. Cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.  

Her recipe also included a secret sauce, which I did not make, but looked good.  

Since we were grilling we also made grilled asparagus.  To make the asparagus, we drilled with olive oil, salt and pepper and placed in a tin foil boat.  Then grill while the burgers are grilling.  Delish!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment