Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Club Fridays: Fifty Shades of Grey


Today's book review is something I feel like everyone is talking about.  Yes, I am talking about Fifty Shades of Grey.  I think everyone has read it or heard about it, so I am going to pass on giving a synopsis of the trilogy and instead just give my review/opinion of the book.

I know people (including my friends) who really liked the books, but I just wasn't a huge fan of them.  The writing wasn't great, but I didn't go into it with any high expectations.  I would say the first book was my favorite.  I {SPOILER ALERT} actually liked the ending - I was so freaking happy she finally stood up for herself instead of getting sucked in by him.  I spent the entire first book wanting her to grow a backbone!

I did like second book, but that might be skewed because there was not as much focus on the S&M stuff in the second book (I definitely was not a huge fan of that part of the first book and did skim some of the portions.  Totally fine if that's your thing, but I could have lived without it).

I really was not a fan of the third book.  I felt like it was sooooo predictable.  Loved one has health scare......oops, I'm pregnant!....kidnapping...blackmail...she saves the day....he comes around and changes for her and the baby.  Blah, blah, blah.  By the end I was so over it.  I know my friends felt differently about the third book (because we had a heated debate about it at dinner one night), but that is how I felt.

If you've read Fifty Shades - let me know what you thought!


1 comment:

  1. haha i still have no desire to read this series....

    good reviews though :)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete