Monday, July 29, 2013

Training recap week of 7/22 (DLH / DDD Week 13)

So... this was the first week in training for Dumbo, that I really did not too well.  Up until now, I had been pretty good about following the schedule.  Life got in the way the beginning of the week, but I ended with a solid 6 and 12 mile back to back run, so that is good!

I cannot believe we are only 5 weeks out to Dumbo!  It felt like so far away when we registered and now it is almost here.  I am getting really excited, but am trying not to get too excited as we still have 5 weeks left.

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 2 x 2M @ 8:36 pace, 400m recovery (plus warm up and cooldown)
Actual: Rest day

Following this past weekend's run, my right leg was really bothering me.  Both my right quad and my calf were feeling tight so I decided to take the night off and let it rest.  Definitely a good idea, because it is feeling so much better.  

Wednesday
Scheduled: Off
Actual: Off

Thursday
Scheduled: 7 mile tempo run at race pace (8:46 pace) with warm up and cool down
Actual: ummm... rest?

I was in Boston for a business trip on Wednesday-Thursday, but I was going to be home early enough to do my run still.  But my friend Melissa is moving to Virginia (moved, it happened this past weekend) and we were having a good bye get together.  I just couldn't miss it!  

Friday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy pace (9:46 - 10:46)
Actual: 3 miles, 31:08, 10:22 pace

Leg definitely felt better so glad I took some rest time.

Saturday
Scheduled: 6 miles easy pace (9:46 - 10:46)
Actual: 6 miles, 1:01:09, 10:11 pace

Sunday
Scheduled: 12 miles long run pace (9:29)
Actual: 12 miles, 1:53:38, 9:28 pace

Felt really good on this run.  Didn't start hurting until the last mile and I think that's because I need another Gu, but didn't want to take one with only a short time left in the run.

Total miles: 21.00
Total July miles: 104.81

Hope everyone had great weekend runs as well!

2 comments: