Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two for Tuesday

These posts seem to be having a theme lately.  It's completely unintentional.  Only thing I think I can say is that things seem to group together naturally?  No idea.  This week's 2 things are about shopping.  Enjoy!

Up first -
Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.  Oh how you make me want to spend all my money with you.  I have always been a huge fan of Nordstrom - they have a great selection of products (especially shoes!) and great customer service.  It has long been the one thing that has been missing in NYC for me.  Last year a Nordstrom Rack opened up here in NYC.  Somehow, it managed to fly under the radar (not sure how, but surprisingly some of my friends don't know about it).  I went there this past Friday (more on that later) and definitely did some damage.  And too top it off, they announce a week or so ago, that they would be opening a Nordstrom on 57th and Broadway in a couple of years (current ETA - 2017).  I fear for my wallet when this happens.  As my friend Kim put it - "at least you have a couple of years to save for it".  Thank god.

And then -
Here's something you might not know about me.  I love QVC.  Yes, the home shopping channel.  That is based in my hometown (not kidding on that point).  But in my defense, I only buy makeup from them.  They have great kits (I love buying kits because it takes the guess work out of what goes together) and they always suck me in with there Today's Special Value (TSV - a special one day offer).  Well, recently, the TSV was from Bobbi Brown.  I've used Bobbi Brown's makeup before, but it has been years.  The colors just looked so wearable for summer, so of course I bought it (I am probably QVC's dream customer, lol).  Wearing it today and totally loving it!  It is still available on the website, but no longer at the TSV price.

No comments:

Post a Comment