Tuesday, May 6, 2008

NJ Half Recap

So this past weekend was the Long Branch (NJ) Half Marathon. I did really well! I was a little worried going in because my training hadn't been super consistent and we only started doing speed work a little bit ago. And it had really been a while since I'd raced a long distance and my last 2 halfs (Disney and Manhattan) weren't my best results. So I went in with a "Lets just go out and run and see what happens" attitude. It must have worked!

I didn't want to go out to fast and crash at the end, so I kept telling myself to slow down and keep it at a nice and easy/consistent pace. I definitely didn't feel like I was pushing myself too hard, but was still managing to run sub-9 minute miles (something I normally don't do - or haven't done in the past!). I was able to keep semi-consistent splits (time per mile), which I am really happy with. Felt really good the entire time. Towards the end started to tire out a bit, but managed to keep my splits pretty consistent. I am also pretty proud that my fastes mile was Mile 13.

My finishing time was 1:54:45 - an 8:45 pace! And a new PR by 5 minutes! I can check one thing off my new years resolutions! But I am totally going to add it back on, because I wanna beat it again :)

And, believe it or not, I went for a bike ride on Saturday morning, so I wasn't on 100% fresh legs. I wonder if my time would have been faster if I had been.

Below are my splits from the race:

Mile 1 - 9:07
" 2 -8:47
" 3 -8:39
" 4 - 8:41
" 5 -8:42
" 6 - 8:38
" 7 - 8:38
" 8 - 8:42
" 9 - 8:55
" 10 - 8:35
" 11 - 9:05
" 12 - 8:51
" 13 - 8:33
" .1 - :51

No comments:

Post a Comment