Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2 on Tuesday: Expedition Everest Edition


How is it already Expedition Everest time?  It has seriously snuck up on me (we *may* have only just made dining reso's and fast pass plans).  I think it might have something to do with this being weekend number 7 of travel in a row.  That's a lot of travel in a row.

Even though it snuck up on me, I am really looking forward to going.  We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge which will be a first for me and having dinner Friday night at Boma (another first) which I've heard good things about.  I thought I'd use this week's 2 for Tuesday to talk about some Everest things.  It might be more then 2, but oh well!

First up, lots of information was posted for the event.  Here's what you can find on runDisney.com:

There are no corrals posted online, so I am assuming we'll find those out at number pickup.

Next up is the course.  I am really excited it is all in Animal Kingdom (okay, and the parking lot)!


Lastly, costumes.  Since the race is only a 5K, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do anything for this one.  And my recent schedule has not really allowed for any craft time.  I am just going to reuse a costume and I am pretty sure it is going to be my Incredible outfit from the 5K.  That one was really good and it'll be nice and comfortable for the after party.

Oh, and let's not forget about the after party!  Animal Kingdom will be open late and we'll be able to ride Everest (at night!), Kali River Rapids (which is always closed when we are in Disney, so I am super excited about this one) and others.

 Anyone ever done Everest before?  What can I expect?  

No comments:

Post a Comment