Monday, August 1, 2016

Training recap week of 7/25


Oh, another 4 weeks without a post. Ugh, sorry. It's much harder then I expected it to be to get back into a regular swing. I really am trying, I promise.

I've been running regularly-ish. I have races I am working towards (see below), but since I'm not following a specific schedule, I am kinda just running on how I feel (the scheduled runs I list below are based on what I wanted to run that day). I am fully healed and running, but I'm trying to be kind to my body.

I have to admit, it's taking longer then I would have expected for my fitness to come back. I want to be back to were I was pre-surgery, but I am not yet. Like I said, I am trying to be kind to my body. I don't want to push too soon and risk an injury. It's hard though, I want to be doing more. Even so, this was my highest mileage week post surgery!

Also, as I mentioned, I do have some races coming up. I used to list whichever race I was currently training for and the current training week in the title of each training recap. Moving forward, I am just going to include the next 3 races on my schedule.

Currently training for:
  • Disneyland Half Marathon
  • Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
  • Detroit Half Marathon

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 4 miles
Actual: 4.02 mi, 41:09, 10:14 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Thursday 
Scheduled: 4 miles
Actual: 4.34 mi, 42:32, 9:47 pace

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 9-10 mile long run
Actual: 9.01 mi, 1:31:15, 10:08 pace

I really wanted to do 10 this week (my previous long run was 8), but it was ungodly hot out and I stopped at 9. Like I said, trying to be kind to my body and not overdue. 9 is still my longest run post surgery, so I am good with that!

Sunday
Scheduled: 3 miles
Actual: 3.25 mi, 33:41, 10:22 pace

Total Miles: 20.62
Total July Miles: 78.28
Miles to Goal (1,000): 561.65

No comments:

Post a Comment