Thursday, July 16, 2015

Eating in... Raleigh: Beasley's Chicken + Honey

OMG, this post is soooo delayed!  It's been sitting in my drafts for-ever and I finally realized I never published it.  Oops!  Enjoy!


After the half in Raleigh, Michelle and I did brunch in the downtown area.  We had walked past this restaurant (Beasley's Chicken + Honey) the day before and it had been packed.  After checking out the menu online, we decided to see if we could get in for brunch.

There was wait (about 30 minutes), but fortunately for us, two seats opened up at the bar and we decided to eat there.  You could order the full menu at the bar, so that worked for us!

They had a lunch/dinner menu and a brunch menu.  To keep things simple, the menu is on a giant chalkboard on the wall.  The menu was extensive, but everything on it looked delicious.  And the prices were reasonable as well.

I started brunch with a Bloody Mary.  This one was pretty good.  It was nice and spicy, which I like. And it was pretty strong, which I also like.

Picture with medal is a must!

For my meal, I went with fried chicken.  I mean, chicken is in the name of the restaurant, so I had to try it!  I did the fried chicken breakfast sandwich, which came on a biscuit with cheese and an egg on top.  The whole thing was topped with hot sauce. I also ordered a side of coleslaw, because, I love coleslaw.


The fried chicken was amazing.  It was perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.  The batter was seasoned perfectly and was the right level of thickness.  The biscuit was also delicious.  I love a good southern biscuit and this one did not disappoint.  It didn't fall apart, but it also wasn't so hard you couldn't bite into it.  The egg and cheese paired nicely with everything and rounded out the sandwich.

The coleslaw was also unbelievably good.  It was not mayo based which was nice (I don't mind a mayo based slaw but sometimes it's too much mayo).  It also had a hint of sriracha in it, which was a nice complement to the crispness of the veggies.

Overall, I really enjoyed my meal at Beasley's.  If you are in the Raleigh area, I recommend trying it out!

Beasley's Chicken + Honey
237 Wilmington St
Raleigh, NC 27601
http://ac-restaurants.com/beasleys/

No comments:

Post a Comment