Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Philly Tri!

I finished the Philly tri this weekend! YAY! I am beyond excited to have finished and am pretty happy with my time as well. It was a ton of fun. I was a little nervous going into it (as it was my first), but not as nervous as I was before my first marathon. I went down on Saturday afternoon with some friends from Terrier. Upon arriving, we went straight to the "expo" to pick up our numbers. Got our numbers and went and checked out transition. Then, we went back to the hotel, checked in and chilled for a bit before dinner. We had a Terrier team dinner (which was a ton of fun!) and then it was back to the hotel. Since I had to get up at 4am the next morning, I was in bed by 9pm.

The race started at 7am on Sunday. I was in the 4th swim wave. The swim went well. The water was very nice - not too cold. After the swim, it was time to bike. The bike was 2 loops of the same course. The course was definitely very technical with a couple of steep climbs, but by the second loop I was able to anticipate them better. Then it was time for the run. I had a rough T2 - I got a little confused coming off the bike. Kinda forgot what I was supposed to be doing, lol. The run went well. I was definitely drained, but was still able to run a 9:00 pace.

All in all, I was very excited for the race. Spoke with Coach Josh yesterday and he was really pleased with my time, (especially since he didn't taper me at all). Now just the half-ironman in August!!!

Times for Sunday are below:
Swim (.93 miles) - 30:51
T1 - 2:57
Bike (24.5 miles) - 1:30:03 (16.5 MPH)
T2 - 2:15
Run: 55:48 (9:00 pace)

Total: 3:01:55

No comments:

Post a Comment