Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Goals - End of Year Final Review

I can't believe today is the last day of 2014.  I know I say it every year, but I seriously can't believe how quickly this year has gone by.  They seem to go faster the older I get!

As it is officially the last day of 2014, it's time to check in on my goals.  Overall, I think I did really well in achieving them.  I really only missed the mark with one!  Let's review below:

Complete the Dopey Challenge 
This is a pretty obvious goal as I spent most of 2013 preparing for this.  I can't believe it is only 8 days away!
COMPLETED
It was nice to start the year off completing a goal right at the beginning.  In case you missed them, you can read my recaps here: 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, Final Thoughts.  I've had close to a year to think about this and I still can't believe how well it went.  I am very glad I am not training for it this year!

PR in the Half Marathon 
My current PR is a 1:51:52 set back in 2010.  I ran a 1:55:03 this past September, so I am hoping to make this happen.
COMPLETED
Was very happy to check this one off the list!  I set a new Half Marathon PR at the Nike DC Women's Half with a 1:50:04.

Check 5 states off my list 
I've already got 3 states on the schedule (Kentucky, DC, Oregon).  I have a couple of ideas for the other 2 states and will let you know once they are finalized.
COMPLETED
5 states completed!  I will do a full recap of Year 2 of my 50 States Challenge but here are the states I completed this year: Kentucky, Washington DC, Minnesota, Oregon and Maryland.

Race a marathon 
I am not running the Disney marathon with a time goal with Dopey going on, so I would like to actually race a marathon in 2014.  I already have an idea for a race and will let you know once it's been decided.
COMPLETED
As you might remember, I raced Grandma's Marathon back in June during which I set a new marathon PR (which wasn't even a goal, so I feel extra good about this one).

Run 1,250 miles total 
I ran a total of 1,145.77 in 2013 according to my Garmin, but I did a lot of my Jan-Mar weekday runs on the treadmill (without my Garmin) and they are not counted in that number.  So I think this doable.
COMPLETED
As of today, I have run a total of 1,261.20 miles.  I would call this goal completed!  So happy to have reach this one.

Commit to core work 
This is one area I have definitely been slacking on.  I really want to get back to this and to get it started, I am taking part of the Athleta 30-Day Plank Challenge.  You should join me!
INCOMPLETE
Yea.... this one was definitely not complete.  I would go in starts and stops with this.  I'd do really well for a while and then fall off the wagon.  I know it's so beneficial to my running but it's so hard to stay committed!

Like I said, overall I did really well!  Putting my goals out there really helped me stay accountable to them.

Hope you are all have a great New Years Eve and check back tomorrow for my 2015 goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment