Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Pacing

Last night we continued to focus on pacing (something I was not so good at during my last marathon). We started at Bethesda and ran up East drive, across 102 and down the West side for 30 mins. Then we turned around and ran back pushing ourselves a bit. I managed to run back faster then I ran there (which is good). Ran just over 6 miles total.

Spoke with Coach Ramon about this weekends training run. Wasn't sure if I needed to run long again or if I should begin to taper (taper is when you start running easier to prep your body for marathon day). While my mileage will go down, I don't actually get to taper. According to Ramon, I need to run 14 miles on Saturday: 6 very easy and 8 hard. Making sure to push myself on the last 8 is key. Weather should be in the 40's on Saturday, making it great running weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment