Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wish List: Ava Tote

I was tempted to title this post something along the lines of: "Must have", "Need immediately", "Testing my self control".  I want this bag soooooo much I can't even stand it.  Seriously - about once a day I open up the website just to make sure it's not sold out.  It's a problem.



A little background.  The bag is by MZ Wallace and they are by far one of my favorite brands.  I first heard of them a couple of years ago when one of their bags were listed in a magazine.  But I had never seen them in a store before (no Bloomies, Nordstrom or anything).  They only have a handful of stores and I think in only NYC and Japan.  And after looking on their website and seeing the price, I knew it would be a while before I owned one (prices tend to range from $300-$400).

But then a miracle happened.  I heard about a sample sale they were having.  So I went with no idea how much the bags would be discounted.  Boy, was I lucky - they were only $75!  And then I (might have, okay, most definitely) bought 4.... 3 for me and 1 for my mom.  And since I overheard from a sales person (or maybe it was another shopper - can't remember at this point) that they only do the sample sales every 4 years, I figured I should stock up (side note: it will be 3 years this fall since that one and I haven't heard of another sample sale since).

Since then I have purchased 2 more bags (both at their annual sale, but no where near as cheap as I got them at the sample sale).

These are the best bags ever.  I am not exaggerating at all.  They are nylon with leather handles and gold hardware.  There are pockets on the outside (except for the Ava tote above) and a ton of pockets on the inside (even pockets inside pockets).  They wear incredibly well.  My original bags are going on 3 years (and considering I use them daily), only show minor wear.  I am constantly being asked where my bag is from whenever I am carrying one of them.  They even come with a smaller bag inside (like a makeup bag size - great for lip gloss, hair ties, etc).

This would be the first time I have purchased on of their bags not on sale.  But I think this one might be worth it.  It just screams fall to me!  I use all my other bags everyday, so I know it will be put to good use and that it is a quality bag.  I don't have a problem buying a more expensive bag when I know I will use it a lot.  

I am going to be saving my pennies all summer so I can buy this for fall!

Some more shots of the bag - 
Side view
A glimpse of the small purse included

Maybe the Purse Fairy will bring it to me?

PS - Just noticed this was my 200th post!  Yay me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment