Sunday, April 15, 2012

Citrus Pork Tenderloin

I made a delicious pork tenderloin this weekend.  I typically don't make pork.  Not sure why, we definitely ate pork when I was growing up (usually chops) but I can't even remember the last time I made it at home.

I used a recipe I found on Pinterest, but made some changes (love Pinterest!).  One of the things I loved about this recipe was the handful of ingredients: salsa, cut pineapple, pork tenderloin, olive oil and lime.  Gotta love 5 ingredients.

First combine the salsa and pineapple.

Next rub olive on the pork tenderloin and top with the pineapple-salsa mixture.

Pop in the oven for 40 mins at 425.  Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Squirt lime over top before serving.  I served mine along side some Near East Sun Dried Tomato rice.  So easy and delicious!

Citrus Pork Tenderloin (adapted from allrecipes.com)


1 cup salsa
1 20 oz can of cut pineapple
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb each)
olive oil
1 lime


1.  Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Stir the salsa pineapples in a small bowl.
2.  Place the pork into a shallow baking pan. Rub the pork with the oil. Pour the salsa mixture over the pork.
3.  Bake for 40 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and let it stand for 10 minutes. Squirt with lime and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment