Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Review: My Booky Wook


I just finished My Booky Wook by Russell Brand.  I was really looking forward to this book.  I like Russell Brand and think he's really funny - one of my favorite movies of all time is Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  I don't know what I was expecting from this book.  I think based on what he does and his humor, that I was expecting it would be funnier.  Brand's definitely had a rough life before her really got big so, understandably, the undertone of this book was not super lighthearted.  Either way, I just couldn't get into it.  I kept waiting for it to get funnier, but it just never did for me.  Certain moments had humor to them, but there were no points at which I truly laughed.  I didn't hate it, it just wasn't what I thought it would be and definitely does not make my list of favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment