Monday, July 22, 2013

Training recap week of 7/15 (DDD / DLH Week 12)

This was the 12th week of training for Dumbo - 2/3 of the way done!

As I've said, I made this into a down week.  The Hansons plan doesn't have down weeks (I am sure there is a reason), but I was really feeling it last week and decided to give myself one.  I think it was a good idea as I am definitely feeling better then last week.

Per my post yesterday, I am going to be making some changes moving forward through the end of Dumbo.  Really need to think long-term with my training.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  (Wow, so cheesy, so early.  Think I need more coffee).

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 2 x 1.5M @ 8:36 pace, 400m recovery (plus warm up and cooldown)
Actual: 1 x 2M, 4.43 miles total
Paces: 8:57, 8:55

The heat apparently got to me and I was made up my own workout.  Oops!  Since it is a down week and the heat was pretty brutal, I pulled the paces back a little.  

Wednesday
Scheduled: Off
Actual: Off

Thursday
Scheduled: 4 mile tempo run at race pace (8:46 pace) with warm up and cool down
Actual: 5.02 miles - 3.25 mile tempo, plus warm up and cool down
Paces: 9:13, 9:05, 8:46, 8:56 (.25 mi)

Given the insane heat on Thursday, I slowed down a bit as to not overdo it.  

Friday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy pace (9:46 - 10:46)
Actual: Off

I went to the Jay-Z / Justin Timberlake concert Friday night and decided to sleep in in the AM, so this run got skipped.

Saturday
Scheduled: 6 miles easy pace (9:46 - 10:46)
Actual: 4.05 miles, 40:07, 9:54 pace

This was supposed to be a 10K (NYRR Boomer's 10k, recap to follow), but given the heat wave, NYRR cut it to 4M.  It was brutal out there so probably a good idea.

Sunday
Scheduled: Queens 10K, long run pace (9:29)
Actual: 6.32, 57:56, 9:10 pace

So this was faster then I planned, but I was feeling pretty good, so I went with it!

Total miles: 19.18
Total July miles: 83.81

No comments:

Post a Comment