Monday, March 11, 2013

Training recap - week of 3/4

So as I mentioned - I am finally feeling back into the swing of things!  I don't know if it's because I know spring is coming or I am finally rebounding from being burnt out, but who cares!  I ain't going to fight it!

This week was a nice week to get back into it.  Lots of runs mixed in with some cross training and core work.  Starting some speedwork this week!  Plus, I have the New Bedford Half Marathon on Sunday (checking Massachusetts off the list!).  Since the race is on St. Patty's Day, I am going to be wearing my green shirt from when we ran Dublin (it has a shamrock on the front and says New York runs on Guinness on the back - we had them specially made for us for the race!).  Looking forward to getting back out there!

Monday - 3 miles easy; Took it nice and easy at a 10:40 pace (in fact I walked the first 5 minutes to warm up)

Tuesday - Strength training; did one of the Nike Training Club strength workouts

Wednesday - 3 miles easy; got up early and did my first AM run in a looooong time.  Felt great - 3 miles, 9:51 pace

Thursday - 45 minutes cross training; 40 minutes on the arc trainer (which I am liking more then the elliptical lately, 5 minutes on the stationary bike plus core

Friday - Rest day

Saturday - 9 mile long run; Pace lead with the 10:30 group today as there we no non-NYC half 10:00 minute pacers.  Felt good the whole run; 9.17 mile, 10:45 pace

Sunday - 3 miles easy, beautiful day out and felt awesome the whole time!  3 miles, 10:00 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment